Career Opportunitiesat Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary
We are looking for an experienced dog groomer who has the patience and ability to calmly and gently groom senior dogs of all temperaments and sizes. This is a full-time position (40 hours/week).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Grooming (bathing, nail trimming, cutting hair)
- Keeping dogs living at the sanctuary on a regular grooming schedule
- Scheduling dogs in forever homes for grooming appointments
- Upkeep of grooming station and tools
- Monitoring for abnormalities and injuries (and reporting them to veterinary staff)
- Communicating effectively with coworkers & management
- Love for all dogs
- At least 18 years old
- Open scheduling availability
- Dependable transportation
- Great communication skills
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry dogs of all sizes (assistance can be provided for extra large dogs)
- Ability to calmly and gently handle fragile, disabled, fearful, and/or aggressive dogs
- Ability to pass a background check
- At least 1 year of grooming experience (preferred)
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week). Applicant must have availability to work between 8am and 8pm, Monday – Saturday, including some holidays; final, defined schedule is flexible. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have dependable transportation. Work history and references are required.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
New employees will receive an evaluation after 90 days.
This is a long-term employment opportunity with plenty of room to learn and grow within the organization. This is NOT a short-term employment opportunity.