Career Opportunitiesat Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary
We are looking for dependable dog-lovers to work part- (30 hours/week) or full-time (40 hours/week) to help prepare meals and medications for senior dogs. Applicants must be able to pay great attention to detail, be effective communicators, and have excellent memory.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing meals
- Preparing medications
- Feeding dogs
- Administering medications
- Cleaning (LOTS of cleaning)
- Recording dogs’ eating habits
- Monitoring for abnormalities (and reporting them to veterinary staff)
- Communicating effectively with coworkers & management
- Love for all dogs
- At least 18 years old
- Open scheduling availability
- Dependable transportation
- Great communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 40lbs
- Ability to pass a background check
Applicants must be available to work any hours between 5:30am to 7pm, seven days a week, including some holidays. Hours will vary, so we need a candidate with a very open schedule. (Schedules are prepared a week ahead of time.) Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have dependable transportation. Work history and references are required.
Starting pay is $15/hour.
New employees will receive an evaluation after 90 days.
This is a long-term employment opportunity with plenty of room to learn and grow within the organization. This is NOT a short-term employment opportunity.
Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary offers a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting at full-time employment, 401(k) and matching 401(k) program, and an accrual of PTO.