Career Opportunitiesat Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary
We are looking for dependable dog-lovers to work part- (30 hours/week) or full-time (40 hours/week) to help care for dogs in our medical wing (dogs in intake, recovering from surgery, extremely limited mobility, etc).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Feeding dogs
- Administering medication
- Cleaning (LOTS of cleaning)
- General care of the dogs (walking, grooming, calming them down, providing toys, etc.)
- Monitoring for abnormalities and injuries (and reporting them to veterinary staff)
- Communicating effectively with coworkers & management
- Love for all dogs
- At least 18 years old
- Open scheduling availability
- Dependable transportation
- Great communication skills
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 40lbs
- Ability to pass a background check
Applicant must be available to work any hours between 8am to 8pm, seven days a week, including some holidays. Hours will vary, so we need a candidate with a very open schedule. (Schedules are prepared a week ahead of time.) Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have dependable transportation. Work history and references are required.
Starting pay is $15/hour.
New employees will receive an evaluation after 90 days.
This is a long-term employment opportunity with plenty of room to learn and grow within the organization. This is NOT a short-term employment opportunity.
Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary offers a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting at full-time employment, 401(k) and matching 401(k) program, and an accrual of PTO.