Career Opportunitiesat Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary
We are seeking a compassionate, experienced veterinarian to join our medical team. This position involves providing comprehensive medical care to the ~120 sanctuary residents and the ~400 dogs in our forever foster network.
Ideal candidate will have a passion for senior dogs, a strong skill set, confidence, and be a team player.
This is a full-time position with no after hour emergencies. Weekend hours, and on-call for phone consults after hours required. Benefits include paid vacation/holidays, 401k. medical and dental benefits.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Examine, diagnose, and prescribe treatment of sanctuary dogs and dogs in forever foster network
- Act as a liaison for visiting doctors (internist, surgeon, acupuncture, chiropractor)
- Conduct general surgery including spay/neuter, growth removal, enucleation, dental procedures
- Assist with on-site conferences
- Interest in physical therapy and rehabilitation a plus
- Perform euthanasia when appropriate
- Formulate diet plans
- Provide training to new employees
- 4 years of experience
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of TN
- Ability to perform surgery independently and complete full medical work-ups
- Willingness to work with volunteers
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Applications for this position are being received via Indeed.