Career Opportunitiesat Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary
The Medical Department at Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary is currently hiring licensed veterinary technicians to join our team. The right candidate will have a strong work ethic, be reliable, and work well with the rest of the team.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing compassionate care to the senior dogs in our program
- Preparing and maintain the exam rooms, surgical suite, and treatment areas.
- Assisting the doctor in medical, surgical, and dental procedures. Preparing patients for surgery, assist the doctor in administering anesthesia, monitor patients during surgery and recovery, administer fluids.
- Giving injections and administering oral medications.
- Providing support to the doctor during emergencies.
- Restraining animals during exams and procedures.
- Perform clinical laboratory procedures such as heartworm checks, CBC/Chem and U/A, Draw blood for laboratory analysis.
- Taking whole body and dental radiographs.
- Filling prescriptions.
- Properly cleaning all surgical materials and equipment.
- Maintaining cooperative relationships with other employees.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Veterinary technician: 1 year (Required)
- Tennessee Veterinary Technician License (Required)
Applications for this position are being received via Indeed.
Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary offers a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting at full-time employment, 401(k) and matching 401(k) program, and an accrual of PTO.