AWESOME Reasons to Share Your Home with an Old Friend from OFSDS
There are many reasons to be a Forever Foster with Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary! Here are some of them:
- There are many of benefits of living with a senior dog. They are calm, loving, and ready to share your home and lifestyle. Click here for a list of why senior dogs are awesome.
- As a Forever Foster, you don’t have to worry about the often higher costs associated with having a senior dog. OFSDS will provide vetting as well medications and preventatives needs for your Old Friend. Click here to find out more about fostering for OFSDS.
- Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary will provide information on and help with your senior dog challenges. You are never alone.
- As a Forever Foster, as long as you are able to provide a wonderful home for your Old Friend, they will not be moved to another foster home or adopted out. Of course, if situations ever arise so that you are no longer able to care for your Old Friend, we will take them back into the program and find another Lifelong Foster home for them.
- You will have a chance to meet and talk with other OFSDS Forever Foster families and volunteers while broadening your knowledge of senior dogs, their joys, and challenges.
- Best of all, when you become a Forever Foster for Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary, you will SAVE A LIFE!
If we don’t have foster families, we won’t be able to rescue any senior dogs.
Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary is a Forever Foster Home based Sanctuary in beautiful Mount Juliet, Tennessee, generally housing approximately 120 senior dogs at the Sanctuary and others in temporary and Forever Foster Homes. While providing lifetime homes for senior dogs, OFSDS strives to raise awareness of the joys and challenges of living with older dogs. We are a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization. We do not concern ourselves with the quantity of time that they have left, rather the quality of the life that we can provide them for that time.