We love volunteers at Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary!
Our volunteers help enrich the lives of our senior dog residents! Volunteer opportunities include:
- Dog Walking – walking Old Friends around The PAWvillions grounds
- Socialization – spending 1:1 time with Old Friends who are dog-selective or -aggressive
- Laundry – helping run cycles of dirty laundry and putting away clean laundry
- Splash Pad Monitoring – spending time with Old Friends in the Oasis yard and helping keep the yard clean
- Compassionate Care – spending 1:1 time with Old Friends who have limited mobility, may be considered hospice, or are recovering from extensive surgery
- Admin Dog Care – assisting staff keep our adminstrative area clean and spending 1:1 time with dogs in this room
- Handling dogs and being representatives at off-site events
All volunteers are required to be 16 years of age and older. At this time, we are unable to accommodate remote, drop-in, or short-term volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, you must be willing to help out on-site at The PAWvillions or off-site at special events.
Fill out the volunteer application below and our Events & Volunteers Coordinator will send you a link to sign up for orientation. Upon the completion of orientation, you will be able to volunteer at your convenience. We recommend volunteering at least once a month for the dogs’ sake, as consistency helps build familiarity.
Volunteer Orientations are held every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month. We encourage you to apply and sign up as orientations fill up quickly!
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
Please note that these events occur in the Spring/Fall and are open to anyone!
Hikes at The PAWvillions
Super Senior Stroll